Sr. Data Scientist
WHO ARE WE?
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Network Infrastructure Services team is looking for a highly motivated, passionate, and enthusiastic individual who is interested in providing an advanced tier of support for the Live Nation Network and IT teams in support of Live Nation owned & operated venues and Corporate Offices across North America. As a Level III Network Engineer, your primary focus will be working on high level cross functional and cross organizational projects and tasks, while taking a leadership role on the team to ensure best practices are being followed and that the processes and tools being utilized are the most effective for our business.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Take on a major role in deploying and supporting leading edge technology to our venues that leads to the development and growth of the business.
• Have direct involvement in all aspects of supporting the Live Nation/Ticketmaster Data Network Design, including:
• Troubleshoot network issues through all layers of the OSI model, across multiple technologies. This will include ISP, route, switch and Wi-Fi.
• Analyze network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors.
• Take a leadership role in high level cross-functional / cross-organizational team projects.
• Work with systems engineering and cloud infrastructure teams around the globe to understand and implement cohesive network solutions in the production data centers.
• Analyze data processes and trends to evaluate opportunities for automation solutions
• Participate in a national on call rotation that allow us to satisfy 24/7/365 support requirements.
• Make quick decisions on proper ways to align customer requirements with existing company or departmental procedures.
• Utilize and evaluate/recommend enterprise tools to ensure we maintain proper visibility and awareness of the health of the overall network and network devices, and ensure that proper processes are in place to react to issues promptly.
• Ensure that proper disaster recovery processes are in place and that planned testing activities are performed and technical criteria are met.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Network and wireless certifications – CCNP required, CWNA preferred.
• 8+ years of working experience in a customer driven support role for an organization similar to our size
• Demonstrated strong troubleshooting skills in a large Enterprise multi-vendor environment
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex, high pressure situations.
• Ability to provide both hands on solutions and supervise projects as well as deliver training
• Be flexible and be able to handle competing/changing priorities.
• Working knowledge of multiple vendors' offerings including Cisco, Meraki and Aruba's complete WIFI solution set entailing access points, controllers, RF characteristics and endpoint security.
• Experience with Python and scripting for network automation.
• Experience with Solarwinds and Cisco Prime/DNA for network monitoring and maintenance.
• Extensive experience with BGP, EIGRP, STP and L4-7 SLB.
• Extensive experience with stateful firewalls (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Checkpoint) and packet inspection techniques.
• Extensive experience with VPN/tunneling technologies such as DMVPN, VTI, IPsec and SSL client VPN's
• Extensive experience with Cisco ISR 4k routers, Meraki MXs and full line of Cisco/Meraki branch switches.
• Experience/knowledge of virtual networking technologies such as ASA virtual contexts, VRF's, VDC's. and virtual networking devices such as Cisco CSR 1000v, ASA 1000v and the Nexus 1000v
• Understanding of indoor/outdoor operating environments, infrastructure and limitations (power, premise wiring standards, RF cabling, enclosures, installation and mounting techniques).
• Experience/knowledge of software toolsets such as Ekahau Survey, Omnipeek to provide site evaluation and documentation.
• Willing to travel for meetings, installations and various project initiatives.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including VISIO and Excel
• Very strong oral and written communication skills
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work well in a team environment
• Flexible schedule required
BENEFITS & PERKS - Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of
Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate's education, training, and experience, as well as the position's work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the CO EPEWA, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzk96n-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.