Awesome Job: Engineer III, Software
Great Location: Los Angeles or Remote
Employment Type: Full Time; Hourly/Salary
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
At Ticketmaster, we are building a new platform for live entertainment.
Over the past 4 years, our API has gone from a $1 million/year to $1 billion/year, including through mobile initiatives.
Today we sell tickets not only on Ticketmaster.com but on partner e-commerce sites and the biggest social networks.
As we continue to grow we need outstanding engineers. That's where you come in.
The Event Details Page (EDP) team is responsible for Ticketmaster's primary shopping experience. Fans come to our page to view available offers, select inventory for purchase, and reserve tickets. We are looking for a frontend developer who can be embedded within EDP, but can take ownership of feature requests for the various 3rd-party sponsors with whom we partner.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Write well-designed, efficient code with unit tests, logging and comments
• Provide input into the design, development and implementation of systems automation and tooling for software engineering teams to achieve their goals
• Participate in the development of UI application components and related services
• Develop using React and Sass
• Ensure high quality via Jest tests and Cucumber BDD tests
• Work with systems and software engineers to develop and document requirements and functional specifications
• Interact with Product/UX to implement new features and augment existing ones
• Work on web applications including the next generation of Ticketmaster.com and great client apps in our ever-expanding B2B platform
• 3+ years professional hands on related experience
• A bachelor's degree in CS/Information Systems or related field
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Frontend development expertise
• Experience working full stack including CDN configuration
• Knowledge of modern UI frameworks such as React, Redux, Express, and Next.js
• Some experience with DevOps, Kubernetes, and AWS
• Ability to clearly document technical solutions
• Performance optimization expertise
• Working knowledge of one or more database products (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Mongo)
• Understanding of Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture, Micro Services
• Work-life balance-we develop software at a steady rate
• Experience with Java and Spring is a bonus
• Embrace creativity and take risks as we encourage innovation
• Think in terms of desired outcomes, not just reactive, quick solutions
• Promoting cooperation and commitment within the team to achieve goals and deliverables
• Team player who helps others in the team succeed
• Results-driven, highly motivated, and have proven experience in distributed, scalable systems.
• Stay abreast of new products, technologies and Dev releases as we face exciting new challenges every day and are constantly evolving with emerging technology
• Communicate clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information conveyed
• Anticipate, identify, and define problems; seek root causes including developing and implementing practical and timely solutions
• Concise opinions about technical design and code style
• Comfortable with context-switching
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance