JOB DESCRIPTION- ENGINEER III, SOFTWARE
Location: Hollywood, CA / Remote
Division: Ticketmaster Tech
Contract Terms: Full-Time
THE TEAM: Event Details Page, Frontend
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events.The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
At Ticketmaster, we are building a new platform for live entertainment.
Over the past 4 years, our API has gone from a $1 million/year to $1 billion/year, including through mobile initiatives.
Today we sell tickets not only on Ticketmaster.com but on partner e-commerce sites and the biggest social networks.
As we continue to grow we need outstanding engineers. That's where you come in.
The Event Details Page (EDP) team is responsible for Ticketmaster ' s primary shopping experience. Fans come to our page to view available offers, select inventory for purchase, and reserve tickets. We are looking for a skilled frontend engineer who can implement new features and keep the product performing optimally during high traffic onsales.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Write well-designed, efficient code with unit tests and logging
• Provide input into the design, development and implementation of systems automation and tooling for software engineering teams to achieve their goals
• Participate in the development of UI application components and related services
• Develop using React and Sass
• Ensure high quality via Jest tests and Cucumber BDD tests
• Work with systems and software engineers to develop and document requirements and functional specifications
• Interact with Product/UX to implement new features and augment existing ones
• Work on web applications including the next generation of Ticketmaster.com and great client apps in our ever-expanding B2B platform
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• 3+ years professional hands on related experience
• A bachelor's degree in CS/Information Systems or related field
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Frontend development expertise
• Experience working full stack including CDN configuration
• Knowledge of modern UI frameworks such as React, Redux, Express, and Next.js
• Some experience with DevOps, Kubernetes, and AWS
• Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate closely with remote team members
• Ability to clearly document technical solutions
• Performance optimization expertise
• Working knowledge of one or more database products (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Mongo)
• Understanding of Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture, Micro Services, Messaging.
• Work-life balance-we develop software at a steady rate
• Experience with Java and Spring is a bonus
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• You embrace creativity and take risks as we encourage innovation
• You think in terms of desired outcomes, not just reactive, quick solutions
• You promote cooperation and commitment within the team to achieve goals and deliverables
• You are a team player who helps others in the team succeed
• You are results-driven, highly motivated, and have proven experience in distributed, scalable systems.
• You keep abreast of new products, technologies and Dev releases as we face exciting new challenges every day and are constantly evolving with emerging technology
• You can communicate clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information conveyed
• You anticipate, identify, and define problems; seek root causes including developing and implementing practical and timely solutions
• You have clear opinions about technical design and code style
• You are comfortable with context-switching
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj229w-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.