Engineer - Quality
Awesome Job: Engineer III, QA
Great Location: Hollywood, CA
Who we are.
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-pace excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
See what it's like working at Ticketmaster.
At Ticketmaster, the QA Automation Engineer plays a crucial part to improve quality, speed up QA time, and ship better products more consistently. You pair with developers to coach them in performing better exploratory testing, work to extend and build automated test coverage, and work with managers to help improve QA processes across the entire team.
As QA Engineer, you collaborate with highly talented and supportive developers, designers, project managers and product managers on innovative projects building world-class products. You assess the risk, solve quality challenges, perform exploratory testing, create and manage automated scripts, and coach junior QA engineers in doing the same. You help ship better products more consistently and grow the QA team's knowledge base.
Ticketmaster welcomes and encourages applications from those in communities historically underrepresented in the technology field.
What the job is:
• Work in a scrum team and be responsible to transform from product feature requirement to test strategies, test planning and test cases design
• Contribute to the overall automation effort in both test cases automation and automation framework development / enhancement
• Develop and execute against a solid automation strategy for delivering the highest quality product releases
• Perform functional, usability, performance and load test for various components and projects in web/mobile domain
• Partner with other QA members and teams on designing and implementing company-wide quality initiatives and enhancements
• Create and manage test plans for projects they are responsible for and attend meetings to communicate with the overall team
• Push the team to help ship great software, not just prevent poor software from being released
• Assess and mitigate risks that have an impact on the quality of the products we build
• Understand and help communicate the complexities of Ticketmaster's internal systems to help test against known issues
• Act as the lead in root cause analysis work for complex software and data issues
• Support and drive the Automation Framework / maturity Models by partnering with development teams early in the development phase to create/perform automated testing
Our job descriptions evolve with our business need and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional projects and team support as needed.
What a qualified candidate should possess:
• CS degree or related required
• 6+ years of experience in a software testing/quality assurance role, including strong UI testing automation, designing test strategies, performance and security testing tools and strategies required
• Must have worked in position which have site and product releases on a frequent basis
• Expert experience developing automating test suites coupled with expert level experience with manual testing
• Highly detail-oriented and able to learn new technologies quickly
• Expert experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA Processes
• Strong experience with QA tools and techniques. Including but not limited to test suite software, automation tools, defect tracking systems, business requirement documentation systems, etc.
• Expert experience with browser and server-side test automation tools and strong understanding of mobile (iOS and Android) ecosystems
• Adapts to change, open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
• Results oriented and can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results
• Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
• Highly motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision or as part of team
• Strong experience with BDD style automation with Selenium-Java
• Good understanding of web-based performance & load testing tools
• Experience with bug / issues tracking tools such as JIRA
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv11xm-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.