The Ancillary Manager will be responsible for leading the team that generates VIP Club upgrades, premier parking, lawn chair rentals, reserved lawn, fast lane, future ticket sales, ticket upgrades, and other upsell revenue streams during the day of show. We are currently working on a commission plan for NOS sales
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Communicate with the venue's core team about staffing, upsell availability and overall execution of upsell programs during the show.
• Communicate with the box office manager during the day of show to trouble shoot any opportunities that arise with guests, upsell availability or equipment.
• Lead a team of ancillary/upsell sellers.
• Provide suggestions to venue leadership based on feedback from team and guests during the day of show. Suggestions may include topic such as pricing strategies, best practices and team execution for both presales and day of show.
• Provide feedback around finding new, creative revenue streams for the venue based on day of show experiences and trends.
• Secure and reconcile day of show ancillary sales.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Ability to build relationships with diverse groups of people
• A love for selling things
• Excellent guest service skills
• Excellent team building skills
• Ability to communicate with all levels of leadership
• Maintain inventory of ancillary products throughout the season (lawn chairs, blankets, etc.)
• Must have evening availability and weekend availability.
• Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, outdoors, in all weather conditions
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Other duties as assigned
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of
Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate's education, training, and experience, as well as the position's work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the CO EPEWA, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4x1y1-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.