We are excited about music, live entertainment, marketing, data, and technology. We are driven by a passion to understand the root causes of complicated problems and partner with stakeholders to discover and implement solutions. Most of us had no previous experience working in music -- just a shared excitement about the space, a willingness to go to concerts / venues / festivals when needed as part of the job, and a desire to go to concerts / venues / festivals in our free time, too.
The Strategy & Operations team within the Marketing & Data organization works on projects across all divisions, in particular spending time working with Digital Marketing & Core Data Services teams, across Concerts, Ticketmaster, and Sponsorship business units. We do end-to-end strategic projects that range from developing and deploying innovative new fan experiences to modernizing our core data architecture. We also support the annual strategic planning and budgeting cycle for our team, and partner with other groups to define their strategic priorities.
The Director of Operations will lead a small operations team bringing strategies to scale and driving continuous process improvement for our team and partners. This person will identify and implement tools to measure progress on key objectives – in other words, are we achieving what we set out to do. These metrics will include strategic and operational analysis of internal and external communications, budget planning, as well as identifying other business priorities and means to track performance. Working at the corporate tier, you will have visibility across Live Nation Entertainment's worldwide business and the opportunity to influence how we partner with other divisions, including Creatives, Artists, and Concerts.
This position is critical to understanding and continuously improving key business practices for the Marketing & Data organization. Our ideal candidate will have experience in operations, as well as a background in marketing, data, or technology.
This person will report to the VP of Marketing & Business Strategy.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Manage, scale, and own fully scaled operational solutions
• Own the continuous improvement of projects that span multiple teams
• Build corporate-level budgets and track spend & performance against OKRs
• Develop strategic communication plans for internal and external audiences (e.g., all-hands and road shows)
• Direct, mentor and manage other team members to help them advance their work and grow professionally
• Show a bias towards action, while maintaining tight relationships with stakeholders
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING: TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES
• 5+ years of work experience, preferably in an operations role
• 2+ experience leading teams and accounts
• Experience working with budgets, including planning and management
• MBA (or equivalent graduate degree)
• Advanced experience in Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent communicator who can motivate teams and effectively collaborate with diverse groups across a large organization
• Strong interpersonal skills / EQ
• Desire to help create a fun and productive culture
• Experience working in Marketing, Data, or Entertainment industry
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time, and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjpy9-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.