Senior BI / Business Analyst - Reporting & Analytics
London, United Kingdom
Location: Pentonville Road, London
Division: Technology, Ticketmaster International
Line Manager: VP, Technology Strategy, Planning and Risk
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week
We're fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty great. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
In the Technology Strategy, Planning and Risk team our mission is to optimize our investment, deliver incremental revenue, unlock cost savings and increased flexibility within the department. We analyse tech processes to identify inefficiencies and implementing changes. We lead the technology strategy and own related tech driven projects, planning and insight; carrying out in-depth analysis on our divisions to drive commercial value throughout the department, in order to provide recommendations, increased financial understanding, resulting in reducing cost and/or improving efficiency within tech.
We are looking for an analyst to play a vital role within this new division in Tech. You will be responsible for the internal tech performance reporting, ensuring our reporting is relevant and accurate. This includes keeping our division P&Ls up to date and owning the monthly tech reporting including our defined KPIs and OKR. You will act as a link between the tech organisation and the business by being able to translate any challenges surfaced from the tech divisions into business terms for the wider organisation. This also includes guiding the tech teams in financial decisions to optimise our investment within the multiple division categories, drive commercial awareness and provide forecasting throughout the year.
We lead the tech budget and strategy cycle and a key responsibility for this role is to drive and lead the capacity planning for tech, ensuring that our teams are deployed and focussed on the projects which will drive our business forward. We partner with all the tech divisions to answer key strategic questions with analysis which helps them define their strategy.
This person would also support technology driven projects and tech transformation initiatives that require creative thinking and expertise embedded within the technology organisation. Modelling the impact of a variety of new tech initiatives such as optimal hosting alternatives, the impact and benefit a new tech feature development or alternative tech organisation structure to enable further flexibility or financial rewards for tech including identifying the risk and capacity impact.
This will require a 'can-do' attitude with a roll-up-your sleeves approach. You must be able to collaborate and influence a wide range of stakeholders, from senior management down to the individual contributor. We are not looking for just a numbers person, but a detective who can uncover the root cause of issues, create tech strategies and build models to show the impact.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Own the tech division P&L reporting, create reports, draw insight data and guide tech leads to ensure commercial thinking and investment aligned with our business strategy.
• Monitors division tracking against budgets and identify ways to meet target through offering constructive opportunities for business/financial improvements
• Support tech divisions in defining the division KPIs and OKRs, tracking the success of their strategies and understand the key drivers of change.
• Be responsible for the monthly Tech KPI report for our CTO, ensuring the data is relevant, timely and accurate.
• Manage the tech capacity planning and analysis, working alongside our tech leads and SP&R director. Understand if we have set out to achieve what was planned to and advise on a course of action if not.
• Support and lead on tech driven projects and/or technology transformation initiatives requiring in-depth analysis. Tech projects such as platfrom modernisation strategy, tech resourcing, outsourcing solutions, market tech environment analysis, tech solutions for new market or how to best organise our teams.
• Play a central role in the annual budget and quarterly tech planning process; create international Tech summaries to show trends and highlight the key decisions, investments and challenges across tech.
• Deliver in depth analysis into different areas of technology, identifying root causes of challenges and the levers that impact these, to be able to give the tech leadership team and CTO the knowledge and assurance to support quality decision making
• Help develop an overall understanding of the business goals, strategy and finance to the wider technology organisation and how and where this links to their OKRs.
• Support the wider technology teams with commercial value and guidance, bringing substance into the decision-making process.
• Build and maintain a strong relationship with the Finance, Product, PMO and BST team. Be a point of contact in providing International technology data to the finance and strategy teams as well as the wider business, ensuring we are providing the right technology related data to our stakeholders in the most efficient way.
• Articulate the tech features, benefits vs risk of technology initiatives, understand the tech requirements including resources, investment and timelines to draw recommendations/options to deliver business value.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Bachelor's degree or combination of education and experience required
• Proven experience in an Analyst role with high level of attention to detail
• Experience in financial modelling, capacity planning and detailed data analysis
• Excellent organisational skills, be able to prioritise tasks and manage expectations
• Financial analysis and/or accounting experience (exposure)
• Practical experience supporting key projects, initiatives and processes with a focus on continual speed, flexibility and efficiency improvements.
• Be able to present technical data in a clear and compelling way for a broader audience
• Experience of transformational change in technology environments is a plus
• Extremely competent using Microsoft Office, specifically advanced Excel (pivot tables, macros, vlookups, complex formula) and PowerPoint
• Fluent English, and the ability to produce clear and concise documents and emails
• Experience in Technology, Ticketing or Ecommerce company is beneficial
• You are a flexible person who thrives in a fast-moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity
• A fascination with data, numbers and analysis
• An interest to uncovering the key indicators of performance within ticketing and tech
• Pro-active, energetic and driven in nature to get things done with a creative approach to problem solving
• Confident to ask questions and challenge existing processes
• Be able to work as part of a team as well as lead small projects. Enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
• Excellent ability to translate and communicate technology decisi
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.