Assistant Financial Controller
Farringdon, United Kingdom
Company: Live Nation
Department: UK Finance
Location: Farmiloe, London
Reports to: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Working Hours: 40 hours per week - permanent
To be responsible for the entire Accounts Payable process for several different entities within the group. From invoice receipt, coding invoices via chart of accounts where applicable, processing invoices for workflow approval, weekly payment runs, statement reconciliations and query resolution. To assist all areas of Accounts Payable team to ensure work is completed timely and always to the highest standard.
What it's like to work in the Team
We have a fun atmosphere within the team, which helps us maintain an open and approachable department. The environment can be pressured when volumes and demands are particularly high e.g. just before or after an event, you will need to be able to work well under pressure! We are committed to working as a team and building genuinely authentic relationships with our colleagues our leaders and our suppliers. Music plays throughout the day to help us stay relaxed whilst working hard to ensure our goals and objectives are met.
Competencies / Skills / Knowledge / Experience
• 2 years + experience in Accounts Payable role
• Experience of using chart of accounts and running payment runs
• Strong Microsoft office and Financial systems experience
• Attention to detail
• Strong administration and time management
• Excellent communication skills
• Team Player
• Oracle experience (desired but not essential)
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success
• Promotes a positive and friendly culture
• Hard working with flexible approach
• Works well under pressure but also on own initiative and as part of team
• An interest in working in Finance in particular transactional processing
What the role includes
• To process invoices from 3rd party suppliers to Inspyrus for workflow approval. Inspyrus is our invoice processing tool that interfaces with oracle.
• Coding 3rd party supplier invoices for several entities within the group. Ensuring accuracy in selecting correct company, accounting unit general ledger coding from chart of accounts and project coding when cost relates to an event.
• Maintenance of department inbox. To consist mainly of forwarding invoices received into Inspyrus for processing, ensuring correct email address for specific company invoiced is selected. Also to ensure the correct coding and workflow queue is included on the email being forwarded into Inspyrus.
• Review employee expenses to ensure expenses are claimed in line with companies Travel and Expenses policy. Approvals of expenses through concur, following satisfactory review, to ensure timely reimbursement to employee and to Amex (companies main corporate credit card provider). To process expenses manually for employees on legacy company corporate cards ensuring expenses are approved in line with companies Statement of Authority and in line with SOX.
• Complete new Supplier forms within oracle or supplier amendment forms for approval of AP Manager
• To be first point of contact and responsible for entire AP process for several different entities in the group.
• To run regular payment runs, usually weekly or often more when close to event time, for entities responsible for. Ensuring close attention to detail and that all checks and approvals are undertaken in line with SOX.
• To check supplier statements for the entities responsible for ensuring all invoices are received and processed.
• Dealing with queries both internal and external.
• Keeping all filing up to date and organised.
• To undertake additional tasks as requested by AP Supervisor and/or AP Manager
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm331m-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.