Summary of Position
The Senior Specialist, Image Operations is responsible for sourcing artwork and images to support scheduled programming distribution and content promotion for Starz channels and services, including over the top, direct-to-consumer and digital platforms, Starz.com, linear/non-linear services, and multi-language media and marketing channels. Additionally, participate in process improvement discussions and facilitate workflow changes to adapt to new technologies and audiences.
• Support the Image Operations Manager in the acquisition, organization, processing and quality control of studio-licensed static content (stills, poster art, logos) into existing digital asset management applications. Includes localized artwork for use in licensed international territories. Collaborate with internal team members on image acquisition updates. Work with large volumes of data/content while prioritizing and managing time and resources effectively.
• Perform digital imaging duties as needed to process and standardize various source artwork, especially with complex artwork builds and layers; simplify content into more reusable formats. Become an additional resource for the team on Adobe Photoshop as it relates to the content ingest into the digital library.
• Utilize internal content management tools and extract data from multiple business trackers to monitor new and upcoming licensed deals and initiate direct communication with licensors to obtain digital materials and supportive documentation. Ingest well in advance of required programming and promotional fulfillment dates and maintain a high level of delivery accuracy and quality assurance.
• Effectively utilize and support various digital asset management systems, image-editing software and metadata tagging tools to drive image asset management workflows. Engage and contribute process documentation, data analyses, and operational workflow improvements. Perform system acceptance testing as needed.
• Prioritize and fulfill internal requests for additional supportive content to enhance the image library's offerings. Manage and track progress of studio requests using task management tools and standard processes. Provide additional customer and team support as needed.
• Support the Photo Operations team in other business processes during peak programming and production cycles.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree preferred; minimum of 3-5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education/experience. Previous background in the entertainment industry, or conventional/digital photography background a plus, with emphasis on content information retrieval.
• Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams and departments as well as experience in working with external licensors/studios.
• Proficiency in using creative tools such as Adobe Bridge and Adobe Photoshop, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of image editing and design. Understanding of various image file formats and their relation to various media implementations.
• Operate in a fast paced, intensive production environment and tight deadlines.
• Previous background working with content management (CMS), digital asset management (DAM) systems, and task management/project management tools. Understanding and application of metadata, taxonomy and controlled vocabulary standards.
Nice to Haves
• Must be able to adapt to business changes and reprioritize work as needed.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$55,900 - $69,900
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.