Sr. Software Developer
Summary of Position
The primary role of the Senior Software Developer will be to design and build cutting edge user experiences for our consumer facing web applications. The Senior Software Developer will work closely with product owners, UX designers, front end and back end developers to help build the next generation consumer video streaming platform.
• Build ''best in class'' content discovery and video streaming experiences for STARZ subscribers
• Participate in code reviews with staff as necessary to ensure a high quality, performant product
• Collaborate with the broader Digital Platforms team including the leadership team, quality assurance professionals, designers, business analysts and other software engineers in an open, creative environment
• Be a subject matter expert in STARZ web applications and related service APIs
• Contribute to all aspects of the software creation process:
• Software architecture and design
• Object-oriented development
• Unit testing/test-driven development
• Integration testing
• Post-deployment production support and troubleshooting
Qualifications & Skills
• 5-8+ years experience in an enterprise or consumer software development environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred
• Expert level programming skills creating applications using frameworks such as Angular, React, Node.js
• Experience developing consumer facing user interfaces and supporting UI controls/components.
• Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills which will be used to diagnose, debug and solve issues
• Strong knowledge of cloud-based web architectures (in Amazon, Google, or Azure)
• Ability to write clean, readable, maintainable code
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Travel & Proximity Requirements
An Ideal candidate is located in the Denver-Metro area and is capable of being based in Englewood, Colorado.
• Employees working in the Englewood offices are eligible to participate in our telework program, working from home two days a week.
• Employees working in the Englewood offices may be asked to travel 1-2 times per year for training or to attend industry conferences.
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$109,000 - $140,700
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.