Executive Director, Finance
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position:
The Manager, FP&A of the Business Strategy & Planning team will play a critical role in supporting the team with the opportunity to learn about Motion Picture Finance.
This role will work within the newly re-organized Business Strategy & Planning team as well as across verticals with the Content, Distribution and Global Marketing teams. This is a cross-vertical role with touch points across the company with a front row seat to the development and creation of new business strategies.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to contribute and develop new ways of doing business inside the industry's largest independent motion picture studio as the business rapidly evolves.
Your work will play an integral role in supporting all finance functions across the Motion Picture Group (MPG) and the Lionsgate corporate team. This is a great position for anyone that is interested in the business of film and wants to learn in an extremely fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Contribute to the budget/financial forecast process in partnership with business leaders to deliver results aligned with strategic objectives
• Assess and evaluate financial performance of the MPG with regard to operational strategic goals, budgets and forecasts, collaborating with senior management to set KPIs, identify opportunities, and mitigate risk
• Partner across MPG verticals and other key functions including but not limited to Marketing, Sales, Corporate Finance, and Accounting
• Conduct analysis and build reports on key business drivers, trends and performance indicators to provide value-added inputs to aid in go-forward business strategy
• Maintain Global Marketing budgets and provide cost analysis reports
• Participate in the development of quarterly presentations to Board of Directors and senior executive team
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field with 2 - 3 years of experience; prior experience in entertainment industry a plus
• High proficiency with Microsoft Excel; experience with financial planning systems or automated reporting tools a plus
• Highly analytical with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills, acute attention to detail, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once
• Critical thinker with experience in problem solving
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high-level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards
• An interest in movies or entertainment a plus
• Team player who possesses a ''can-do'' attitude for all situations, no task too big or small to handle
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the U.S. market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.