Summary of Position
The Director of Social Data & Insights will be responsible for transforming social media data into actionable insights designed to inform marketing within the Motion Picture Group. The right person for this role is able to use data to identify insights and build themselves, is intellectually curious and is an innovator. If you are someone who thrives in a team environment and thinks strategically, then this is a phenomenal role for you.
• Develop, plan, and execute social listening and digital asset engagement reporting for upcoming and current film titles, both in house and competitive
• Understand and apply knowledge regarding the historical, current, and evolving landscape of social media behaviors, usage, strengths, and limitations
• Communicate the sophisticated vocabulary of social media analytics, insights, and research in brief for top-level scenarios, or simplified for the lay person
• Maintain cross-functional relationships/partnerships across the organization to help solve marketer's questions and ensure that the social consumer's voice is being represented
• Work collaboratively with external partners/vendors and manage relevant budgets
• Provide additional support to the Data & Consumer Insights team as needed
Qualifications and Skills
• BS/BA required
• Minimum of 5 years' experience with social listening or digital analytics, preferably at a media company or agency
• Knowledge of social tools and vendors (e.g. YouTube Analytics, ListenFirst, Talkwalker, Wavemetrix, Fizziology) required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Strong proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Experience writing Boolean logic and query-based searches preferred
About the Company
Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) encompasses world-class motion picture and television studio operations aligned with the STARZ premium global subscription platform to bring a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. The Company's film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and a valuable collection of iconic film and television franchises. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for audiences worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the US market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv32on-3-235-195-196-42 in your application.