KY3 and KSPR are part of a seven-station group in Springfield, MO. KY3 is one of the most dominant NBC affiliates in the country, while KSPR is an up-and-coming ABC station. KYCW, the high-rated CW station, also broadcasts from the same studio, and the combined newsrooms produce newscasts for all three stations. KY3/KSPR covers 31 counties in southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas and has four news gathering bureaus stationed throughout the DMA. KY3 and KSPR are known for their regional and national award winning local news, weather and sports coverage, large-scale and numerous community service projects, and effective broadcast and digital marketing solutions. We are proud of our close connections with the communities we serve in the Ozarks.
The Sales Account Executive will assist in identifying key accounts for developing new business, and must have a keen sense of the market. Must be able to forecast accurately and maintain excellent client relationships.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Understanding of digital advertising methods and concepts, web/internet sales.
• Sell digital advertising consistent with station policies and rate guidelines.
• Responsible for the negotiation of digital rates with local clients.
• Service existing accounts and create special sales opportunities specific to each client.
• Assist in the production of client's needs and act as a liaison with all departments.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
• Willing to learn all research and utilize in client proposals effectively.
• Prospect new clients and create digital sales opportunities specific to each client.
• Prepare and present digital proposals to new clients.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related degree is preferred.
• Television and digital sales experience preferred.
• Wide Orbit, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint experience is preferred.
• Ability to get along with others and maintain effective interdepartmental relationships.
• Some negotiation skills are required.
• Ability to communicate effectively is required.
• Must represent the station with professionalism and integrity.
• Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors, and customers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vbxq-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.