KY3 and KSPR are part of a seven-station group in Springfield, MO. KY3 is one of the most dominant NBC affiliates in the country, while KSPR is an up-and-coming ABC station. KYCW, the high-rated CW station, also broadcasts from the same studio, and the combined newsrooms produce newscasts for all three stations. KY3/KSPR covers 31 counties in southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas and has four news gathering bureaus stationed throughout the DMA. KY3 and KSPR are known for their regional and national award winning local news, weather and sports coverage, large-scale and numerous community service projects, and effective broadcast and digital marketing solutions. We are proud of our close connections with the communities we serve in the Ozarks.
The Broadcast Engineer will work under the supervision of the Chief Engineer. The primary job responsibilities will include IT support, broadcast engineering support and building maintenance.
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to knowledge, maintenance, and repairs of the following:
Master Control Systems
• Crispin automation
• Harmonic commercial playback
• DNF systems automation
• Satellite receive systems
• Vantage, Elemental, and Carbon Coder transcoding equipment
• Bitcentral news system maintenance
• Reporter support - cameras, microphones, lighting kits, etc
• Ross Overdrive automation system
• Ross production switchers
• Audio systems including logitech and behringer
• Weather systems
• Studio equipment maintenance including: lighting, cameras, news set, etc.
• Gates Transmitter Maintenance and Repairs
• Microwave systems Maintenance and Repairs
General Building Maintenance -
General IT work
• Deploying computers
• Familiar With Various Operating Systems and Network Fundamentals
• Computer Hardware Support
• Experience in Broadcast Engineering preferred
• Electronics repair experience preferred
• IT experience preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88p1x-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.