TECHNICAL MEDIA PRODUCER (P/T) - KWCH
KWCH 12 was the first television station in Kansas and began broadcasting on July 1st, 1953 under the call letters KTVH Channel 12. The station was licensed to and broadcast from Hutchinson, Kansas about 45 miles northwest of Wichita. In 1956 station facilities were moved to the current location on 37th St North in Wichita. In 1983, KTVH call letters changed to KWCH and ownership was consolidated with three other Kansas stations in the market. These satellite stations include KBSD in Dodge City, KBSH in Hays, and KBSL in Goodland. Since 1985, KWCH has held the #1 position for 6pm and 10pm News in the Wichita-Hutchinson Plus television market. KWCH has remained dominant since that time and Eyewitness News is the #1 news at Noon, 5pm, 6pm, and 10pm.
KWCH-TV is currently accepting applications for a part-time Technical Media Producer to join the #1-rated news team in Kansas. This position is responsible for operating broadcast production equipment for producing newscasts and Master Control Operations.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Basic knowledge of television production
• Photoshop and After Effects experience a plus
• Must be able to maneuver studio cameras and pedestals to different heights, locations and angles
• Must be able to perform routine studio and set maintenance, including regularly checking and changing studio lights
• Working knowledge of studio cameras, Final-Cut Pro, Chyron, and Photoshop
• Basic knowledge of audio levels
• Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
• Must be able to follow written and verbal direction
• Excellent listening skills, good communication skills required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google
• Must be flexible to work other shifts
• Must be able to handle high stress situations and pressure deadlines
• Must be able to work with other departments and work well in a team environment
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment
• Must have an energetic attitude and be able to represent all TV stations in public in a positive, professional manner
• Operates studio camera and Chyron as directed by Producer and/or Director during newscasts or other special programming
• Responsible for operating the teleprompter, controlling the pace
• Use non-linear editing when necessary
• Responsible for the input and recall of all news graphics for daily newscasts and the construction and input of graphic elements for all production in studio and for mobile services
• Communicates instructions to talent and guests during live and live-on-tape productions
• Produce daily/weekly promos
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• Will be required to operate field cameras and lighting equipment as required while assisting with remote production events
• Operate robotic cameras
• Helps to assure a high quality broadcast by monitoring on air and cable broadcast signals, following the program log to air programs, breaks and promotions
• Monitors and controls transmitter output and resolves any on-air problems
• Provides support for future broadcasts by recording programs from satellite feeds by dubbing tapes from various sources.
• Utilizes multiple on-air play lists to ensure playback of all programs, commercials, and promotions according to standard departmental procedures.
• Helps to assure compliance with applicable regulations and communication with other departments by maintaining transmitter and discrepancy logs, equipment incident report, daily reports of records, and the Master Control Log.
• Communicates with sites and studios regarding accurate start and end times for live event segments and the airing of promotions. Responsible for making necessary adjustments to appropriate lists and logs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8k6j-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.