KTVF/KXDF/KFXF are the NBC, CBS and MeTV affiliated stations serving the interior of Alaska with award winning local news, great entertainment and public service to the Fairbanks community.
This position monitors on-air television programs. This position is shift work and may include nights, weekends and holidays.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Operate video and audio switching/routing equipment to deliver programs, station breaks, and announcements on-air according to pre-established program logs.
• Make programming changes according to established guidelines in the event of program discrepancies or emergencies.
• Record programming discrepancies in detailed station Discrepancy Reports.
• Record programming changes in station program log.
• Monitor transmitter operation and reports deviations or malfunctions.
• Punctuality is vital. Must be reliable and have dependable transportation.
• Ability to learn the operation of broadcast automation equipment for television broadcast.
• Ability to learn television terminology and procedures, keep detailed records.
• Ability to make rapid mathematical calculations and basic computer literacy/typing/keyboarding.
• Ability to perform tasks while under pressure to maintain deadlines.
• Make program change decisions independently using established guidelines.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vb09-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.