Oklahoma City, OK
KOCO-TV has an opportunity for a high energy, highly skilled meteorologist to join our First Alert Weather Team. We are looking for a weekend morning meteorologist who knows the science but can tell a relatable weather story, in one of the biggest weather markets in the world. Our next meteorologist will be an accurate forecaster, convey an appropriate tone of urgency and authority in severe weather coverage, summarize complicated information, and stay cool under pressure.
• Give our viewers the First Alert with accurate, compelling, and understandable weather forecasts.
• Will provide urgent, immediate weather information before and during severe weather events
• Will be able to simultaneously provide content on TV, for our radio partners, and on our digital platforms.
• Will use all the technology and tools available to us, to tell an intriguing weather story
• Could be deployed in the field during weather events
• Gather information
• Summarize fact and clearly communicate content for broadcast
• In-depth knowledge of weather science and forecasting
• Proven on-air experience in handling breaking news and severe weather coverage
• Dynamic and authoritative on-air presence with a conversational weather presentation
• Knowledgeable about how to interpret and translate high powered radar data
• WSI and Baron graphics and technology experience preferred
• Excellent forecasting and on-air skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to tell a compelling weather story
• Radar experience preferred
• Ability to do live field reporting on weather and other topics
• Bachelor's Degree in Meteorology or related field preferred
• CBM and/or AMS seal preferred
• Previous on-air experience required
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.