(KHON2) Manager III, News & Content
Apply to join the KHON team!
The News & Content Manager assists in helping to run the day-to -day operations of the newsroom.
• Manage, coach and schedule news staff
• Work with news management to decide daily stories and help to arrange and coordinate news content.
• Generate news stories and execute news coverage by coordinating field crews
• Assist the assistant news director to manage all aspects of the News Department
• Helps oversee daily and weekly news coverage
• Works with other senior station leaders to establish and reach station goals
• Assist with planning and staffing for the News Department
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Minimum ten years' experience in a news leadership role, or comparable experience
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously Short- and long-term news coverage planning is essential
• Manage multiple assignments in a high pressure, breaking news environment
• Strong journalistic skills and news judgement
• Willing to work extra hours on short notice
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp0zx4-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.