KHBS/KHOG TV has an opening for a part-time Operations Technician. We are looking for an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to join our production crew. This person will be responsible for operating studio cameras, running teleprompter, and floor directing; setting up audio equipment and operating the audio console for live broadcasts and recorded productions; and assisting the news department with video for the website, and other duties as assigned. Must have good communication skills. On-site attendance is required.
• Responsible for operation of television cameras for a live broadcast
• Interact with directors, producers and talent & must remain focused at all times
• Will also operate audio console at times, being responsible for all aspects of sound during fast paced newscasts and other projects as needed.
• Operate television studio cameras in a live production setting.
• Operate studio lights and change bulbs.
• Operate Windows-based computer software to prepare video recordings for air.
• Punctual attendance for shifts that can start as early as 4am.
• Work weekends and holidays as necessary, in support of our 24/7 broadcast operations.
• Experience operating professional video cameras in live production.
• Experience using Windows-based computer software.
• Equivalent military experience will be considered.
Flexibility to work various days and shifts as assigned, including weekends and holidays
Ability to work effectively with other team members
Ability to perform with accuracy while under pressure
Ability to multi-task accurately
Ability to follow instructions, both verbal and written
• College graduates with a communications degree preferred
• Technical school or completion of college level technical courses a plus.
• Relevant experience will be considered.
• Military training and experience will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj892b-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.