NewsChannel10 is the #1 station in the Texas Panhandle. We are the dominant News, Weather & Sports station. Amarillo is market 131 and we reach viewers in the Texas Panhandle, New Mexico & Oklahoma. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a great station and company.
This position is responsible for maintaining all technology and maintaining all of the building systems. The IT Engineer will work closely with the Chief Engineer, as well as the other Department Heads. The IT Engineer will also work closely with Gray's information technology department.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure that station is always on the cutting edge of technology
• Take direction from Gray SVP of Technology and VP of Production regarding new technology, and implement with corresponding workflow modifications.
• Oversees all technology.
• Performing all routine maintenance procedures as outlined by the vendors Gray TV works with
• Overseeing transmitter site and performing all maintenance.
• Overseeing and implementing maintenance procedures for properties.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering or equivalent experience required
• Good communication skills
• Strong background in Windows OS/XP/windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory, and Database Systems.
• Cisco experience and certification strongly desired
• Significant experience in an IT environment
• Operating knowledge of PC's and graphics computers
• Technical and networking skills with ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve complex problems and machine stoppages
• Ability to participate and oversee all aspects of information security
• Security Certifications such as CISSP/CEH a plus
• Exercise highest level of discretion when handling confidential information
• Advanced organizational skills
• Strong ability to prioritize a constant changing ask list
• Work closely with Department Managers and direct Supervisor on urgent business operational tasks
• Linux/Unix, Firewall, SAN/NAS, and VMWare VSphere experience considered a plus
• Skilled in hardware and software end-user support.
• Support/Diagnose/Repair various computer devises: workstations and peripherals and software problems.
• Good people skills
• Valid Driver's license, and good driving record (will be reviewed)
• Pre-employment drug screening
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo73k-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.