Since 1960, KEYC-TV/KMNF-LD, a CBS, CW, FOX and NBC affiliated media company, has succeeded with a culture that values skills, encourages creativity and fosters professional growth.
Enjoy all four seasons in the booming Greater Mankato metropolitan area. The friendly, welcoming region is a happy mix of city and country living. We broadcast more than 22 hours of local news, weather and sports each week and maintain the most highly visited social media sites in southern Minnesota.
The news producer/reporter operates as the center of planning and executing a viewer-centric newscast, has strength in managing breaking or developing news and weather, and is able to make sound, split-second decisions. They must also be a problem solver, both technically and journalistically.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Create and deliver compelling news content
• Write clear, concise news copy that is balanced
• Use ''Think like a viewer'' mindset in selecting and covering local news
• Edit video blending natural sound with field interviews and reporter track
• Shoot video using station's broadcast quality ENG Equipment as needed
• Adhere to station branding and promotion
• Other duties as requested by News Director and/or News Content Manager
• Excellent writing skills, news judgment and ethics
• Driven to develop original news content
• Understand digital/social media platforms and strategy
• Produce content with urgency and immediacy
• Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills
• Integrity, accountability, teamwork
• Broadcast journalism experience, media-related bachelor's degree and clean driving record
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykzom-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.