KCRG-TV9 is the ABC affiliate based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with bureaus in Dubuque and Iowa City, covering all of Eastern Iowa. We are dedicated to investigative journalism, being a part of our community and sharing the stories of the people of Eastern Iowa. We produce 6 hours of newscasts everyday, produce 100 live events each year, and support a robust website and the largest social media audience in the market.
To learn more, visit: http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/?article=402732866&disable=ads
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for KCRG and KYOU
• Require skill with Ross Overdrive automation, production video switcher, master control video switcher, master control automation, graphics, and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control, including the ability to effectively perform at the following: Robotic camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, program/commercial/promo ingesting/segmenting, and satellite operation
• Understanding of FCC logs and broadcast regulations
• Work with ENPS, newsroom computer system
• Understanding of all equipment in studio and production areas
• Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, station projects, etc.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Degree in Communications or a related field, or equivalent job experience
• Great communication and people skills
• Newscast directing/Master Control experience or production assistant experience in a system nearly identical to KCRG's.
• Work with production automation and playout automation software preferred
• Operating knowledge of PC's and graphics computers
• Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations
• Required to sit and stand for long periods of time
• Ability to carry moderately heavy equipment-up to approximately 50 pounds
• Ability to work in potential extreme weather conditions (heat or cold)
• Ability to work in environment with fluctuating noise and light levels
• Ability to climb a ladder
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vw7x-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.