Des Moines, IA
PT Camera Operator
KCCI is a multi-platform local media leader.
Our passionate team members serve our viewers and clients with world-class content and advertising solutions seen by thousands of consumers every day. And because we know consumers do not want to be constrained, we are driven to ensure every news story and every advertising solution will reach them wherever they are, and on whatever device they are using. As part of the global Hearst team, based in Des Moines, Iowa, our resources to serve our viewers, clients and employees are best-in-class.
KCCI employees change the world with their work.
Our journalists produce award-winning content that helps consumers makes sense of their community.
Our sales team delivers strategic advertising solutions to help local businesses fulfill their dreams.
Our technical and production teams make television happen. The KCCI team also cares deeply about their friends and neighbors. Every year their collective work raises thousands of dollars and awareness for local charitable causes.
The Part Time Camera Operator position works side-by-side with our award winning production team to serve our local community and commercial clients. You will partner with other team members to produce local news and deliver quality entertainment to our community. You will help our team deliver a high-quality KCCI experience in a cheerful way to our clients and your colleagues. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor with plenty of opportunity to advance. If you are a driven and passionate professional looking for a way to make an immediate impact, we want to hear from you.
• Partner with our production and news teams in operation of our studio cameras and media operations.
• Effectively communicate with internal staff to ensure quality control of our daily commercials and syndicated programming.
. Be available for breaking news in a fast-paced environment.
. You will also be trained in the future to work on other systems including teleprompter, Media Operations systems, Audio, or Master Control.
The Must Haves:
Knowledge of any Television Production. College training, church video productions, Audio, Camera, TD experience welcome.
Theatre crew experience with technical proficiency in lighting, audio or videography may also qualify.
• Some computer experience especially with Microsoft Office products.
• Working with an effective team.
• Comparable military experience will be strongly considered.
What you can do for KCCI
• Be available to bring essential news to our community
• Be able to handle multiple projects at any time
• Be able to pivot on a dime when a client needs our attention
• Learn new concepts, technology, and ideas quickly
• Be creative and help us with new ideas
• Accept coaching
• Communicate clearly
• Military training will be considered
• Some post-high school education preferred. College students studying in a Mass Communications course are welcome.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.