WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at event production and operations? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the dance music production. Is this you? Read on…
The Manger, Concert Production & Operations takes a key leadership role in the planning and execution of assigned concerts. This position partners with the Promoter to create the vision of the brand and manage the team that is responsible for bringing the event to life. This position reports to the SVP, Production and Operations.
• Partner with the concert promoter to lead the concert team to produce the highest quality concerts in the industry
• Responsible to ensure adequate planning and execution of all on-site production operations, staffing including; security, health & safety, box office, traffic, parking, cleaning, sanitation, VIP/Skydeck, artist compound and transportation
• Partner with CAD designer to create concert layout
• Create agenda and lead team in weekly production & operations meeting for assigned concert
VENDOR RELATIONS & BUDGET MANAGEMENT
• Develop cost effective budgets by obtaining best valued vendor bids and negotiations
• Partner with promoter and finance lead to create budget and then manage all production related department heads with planning and spending per budget
• Partner with local agencies in planning phase and throughout event and coordinate group all agency meetings to include these agencies and key operational leads from Insomniac
• Serve as main point of contact for venue
• Issue concert org chart and confirmation sheet with project manager when necessary
• Manage event capacities and ensure safety and comfort of headliners are always considered while also creating best possible experience
• Ensure on-site staff are adequately prepared for emergencies
• Oversee and ensure special permits are handled for each event
• Assign pressure point managers for key headliner facing points to ensure best experience when applicable
• Create and issue the concert operations & emergency action plan
• Ensure all on-site structures meet Insomniac safety standards
• Frequent travel will be required (economy)
• 5+ years' experience in live event planning and producing
• Proven ability to manage teams for planning and building large-scale events, tours or music festivals
• Proven ability to develop and execute staff training sessions
• Sterling reputation for excellence in the required role with at least five top notch references
• Proficiency in spreadsheets
• Must be motivated with an ''Everything is possible'' attitude
• Must be an active problem solver, instilled with a sense of urgency for projects large and small
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates
• Must be willing to work and travel to events during evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz54p1-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.