Senior Environment Artist
Infinity Ward is currently seeking a Senior Weapons Outsource Asset Artist in the Kraków, PL area.
As the Senior Weapons Outsource Asset Artist, you will be responsible not only for your own weapon art for the project but also for the lifecycle of interaction between external studios and our many art outsourcing partners. This includes working with internal teams to successfully coordinate batches of content to be outsourced (typically composed of multiple briefs), interactions with multiple teams of third-party groups to successfully deliver all requested content on time, to required quality levels, and within budget. You will apply your artistic eye to ensure that our external artists' deliveries are of the highest quality possible. You will collaborate closely with the Principal Weapons Artist to develop guidelines and packets for our external artists to follow, and work closely with Production to ensure that everything is delivered in an appropriate timeline. You will also be responsible for pushing forward pipeline improvements and guide more junior artists at our Kraków studio.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Create world class weapon art from start to finish, suitable for the Call of Duty franchise.
• Ability to constructively critique and guide junior artists with your artistic eye.
• Conduct regular reviews and send feedback on the art and technical quality of vendor submissions.
• Devise and implement any potential solutions to mitigate the risks that might arise.
• Collaborate closely with the Art disciplines, design, tech art and our external artists.
• Partner with the discipline art lead ensuring briefs for our external artists are created and delivered.
• Train external artists on our best practices and unblock their workflow issues.
• Update our tracking software with estimates of assets and delivery dates based on information from our external artists. Keep our dashboards and pages in good standing to our projects schedule.
• Partner with the Lead and Principal Weapons Artist to ensure the external artists are hitting their performance targets by conducting necessary reviews on deliveries. Report any issues that need immediate attention.
• Transfer final outsourced assets into our engine using our internal Software requirements
• Maintain a clean local directory and confluence pages with finished and in progress work.
• Identify risks associated with meeting project milestones.
• Organize and prepare asset packets for the external team.
• Strong Hard Surface modeling experience
• Strong knowledge of Substance painter
• Experience of writing asset briefs and reviewing outsourced assets.
• Experience working with international partners in an outsourcing capacity.
• Strong communication skills.
• Knowledge of real-world Weapons
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Experience driving relationships with internal and external stakeholders while successfully delivering content within budget and time.
• 3+ years of experience in game art asset creation in different software packages including Maya, Zbrush, Substance and Photoshop
• Have shipped AAA PC, console, or mobile titles as an Outsource Manager or Senior Artist
• Experience working with project schedules and burndown reports
• Experience in Firearm Design and CAD modelling
• Experience in Jira
• Experience in Confluence
• Experience of GGX-Spec gloss PBR
• Experience managing a small internal team of direct reports
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.