Manager, Research Software Engineering - Recommendation
Lead Software Engineer - Forecasting (Ad Intelligence)
Viewer-first advertising is a strategic imperative for Hulu and Disney. The Beijing Ad Intelligence team's mission is to transform advertising and Disney's Ad platform with data and AI across TV and streaming video. We build solutions to measure and optimize every aspect of advertising lifecycle. Our tenant is a strong cross-function team to deliver E2E solutions covering tech areas ranging from machine learning, bigdata, microservices to data applications. Our team is seeking a senior software developer who will be a core team member for our newly-setup inventory forecasting workstream. This workstream is positioned to build high-available and high-concurrent industry-leading solution to drive inventory utilization efficiency and yield optimization for our advertising business. The right person for this role should be experienced on crafting implementation for either bigdata or microservice products. If you are someone who is proactive, inquisitive, and innovative in either these domains, this is a phenomenal role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Lead system design and implementation of inventory forecasting platform for the addressable advertising platform to support real time campaign booking, reporting, pricing and offline analytics
• Collaborate with researcher to iterate the inventory prediction and reservation algorithm and productize it at scale
• Advocate the best engineering practices, including the use of design patterns, CI/CD, code review and automated integration testing
• Drive ground-breaking innovation and apply the state-of-the-art technologies
• Collaborate with program managers, product managers, SDET, and researchers in an open and innovative environment
• Mentor team members, and guide their technical development
• Communicate status to senior management
WHAT TO BRING
• MS or PhD in computer science or EE
• 2+ years of professional programming in Java, Scala, Python, and etc.
• 2+ years of bigdata design experience with technologies like Spark, Flink, Single Store, AWS bigdata or real time OLAP.
• Proven track record with cloud infrastructure technologies, at least two of Terraform, K8S, Spinnaker, IAM, ALB, and etc.
• Experience in widely used Web framework (React.js, Vue.js, Angular, etc.) and good knowledge of Web stack HTML, CSS, or Webpack is a plus.
• In-depth experience of industry level highly available and scalable service
• Experience with processing large amount of data at petabyte level
• Strong knowledge of system, application design and architecture
• Passion about technologies, and openness to interdisciplinary work
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Proficiency in both written and oral English
• Experience in digital video advertising or digital marketing domain
• Experience in building fullstack products for bigdata solutions from 0 to 1
• Experience with Click House, Druid, Impala, Presto, Snowflake, Redshift Kafka and etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq960m-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.