Hulu's Signals and User understandings team is seeking a Software Developer who will be an outstanding addition to our technology team. The team is responsible for building and enhancing our platform to enable Hulu to deliver a dynamic experience to our viewers based on our viewers interactions with content. The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, security and reliability. If you are someone who loves simple, performant solutions to ambitious problems and is looking for a role that has significant growth potential, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Design and develop the large-scale, real-time, reliable and globally available platforms.
• Build robust and scalable micro-services and data pipelines.
• End to end ownership of backend services: Ideate, review design, build, code-review, test, load-test, launch, monitor performance.
• Collaborate with other team members (including product owners, TPMs, and other business units) to achieve product and business requirements.
• Use a mix of technologies including Java, Python, Kafka, Redis, MySQL, Flink, Spark, AWS.
• Challenge our team and software to be even better.
WHAT TO BRING
• BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering
• 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience
• Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Java, Python
• Extensive experience building highly scalable, reliable and maintainable services
• The quality-first mindset with a focus on test automation and CI/CD
• Great communication, collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic
• The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
• Strive for excellence
• Experience with AWS or other public cloud platforms
• Proficiency in data streaming technologies such as Spark and Flink
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6nv0n-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.