Sr. Franchise Marketing Manager, China
Hulu's Content Discovery Research team is seeking a Principal Research Lead, who is enthusiastic to drive the future of Recommendation and Campaign Research experiences for online video service. As a senior leader of our research team, you will lead and build a world-class research team, and will tackle some of the most challenging and exciting algorithmic problems.
The Research team analyzes and demonstrates petabytes of user and content data, in order to serve the right content to the right users, and create the best personalization experience in online video. While we stand firmly on statistical and mathematical roots, we see great value in real world via creative and pragmatic solutions.
An ideal candidate should have capability to define and drive the research roadmap in Content Discovery domain, with a proven track record of leading large scale research projects that is deployed into highly scalable production systems. This candidate should be able to work closely with multiple global partners inside and outside the organization, such as product managers, AI Platform Dev team, as well as the Recommendation & Campaign Dev teams. Does this sound like you? Come be a part of the team!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Apply state of the art machine learning, statistics or data mining in a variety of areas, such as relevance prediction, user modeling, learning to ranking, and text mining
• Invent and fast iterate on novel solutions to challenging data related problems
• Develop scalable and efficient methods for large scale data analysis and model development
• Collaborate with developers, program managers, and product managers in an open, creative environment
• Manage, coach and provide research and system mentorship to junior researchers and research engineers on content discovery related research areas
WHAT TO BRING
• MS or PhD in computer science, EE or other quantitative discipline
• 5+ years of working experience on large scale machine learning, user behavior analysis, text mining in leading internet companies. Experience in personalization technology is highly preferred
• Familiarity with Java, Python, C/C++ or any other OOP language
• Proven track record of thriving in a fast-paced, data-driven, collaborative and iterative applied research environment
• Outstanding research track record in the areas of machine learning, data mining, or statistical modeling, with evidence through publications in renowned journals, conferences
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Chinese Mandarin proficiency is required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roe1o2-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.