Hulu's Recommendation Engineering team is seeking a backend engineer who will be an outstanding addition to the team. As a recommendation developer at Hulu, you will build and operate critical recommendation services with high availability, scalability and flexibility to support Hulu's business needs. The right person for this role is a hardworking technology pioneer, a pragmatic problem solver, with a high bar for him/herself. If you are feeling passionate about improving business by applying professional technical capability, and someone who is not satisfied at just being an engineer, but also wants to grow your career by improving diverse soft skills, then this is an excellent role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Work with product managers, project managers and researchers to deliver world-class recommendation experience to our end users;
• Continuously build, operate and improve algorithm-empowered backend services;
• Lead integration solution design, drive technical discussion and delivery;
• Guide and mentor junior engineers;
• Engage and participate in building the next generation of recommendation serving system for Disney Streaming;
• You should have a pragmatic spirit and love autonomy - long for the chance to create groundbreaking solutions to meaningful problems, willing to investigate, experiment rapidly and get things done.
WHAT TO BRING
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field;
• 5+ years of software engineering experience in backend development;
• Outstanding programming ability in one of the following languages: Java, Scala, Go, C++, Python;
• Proven system design ability and OO thinking;
• Fluent English verbal and written communication skills.
• Experienced in building Recommendation/Advertising/Search systems;
• Experienced and knowledgeable in AWS or developing cloud-native applications;
• Familiar with machine learning algorithms;
• Familiar with Hadoop/Hive/Spark/Flink/Kafka/Redis tech stack.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8znq6-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.