Disney Streaming is changing how people watch movies, shows, sports and live events. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and open up the boundaries of what's possible. It's an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media as more content creators seek how to engage their audience with compelling user experiences. The design team has a pivotal role in giving form to those ideas and continually improving these apps that people use every day.
About the Team
The DS design team is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and authentic experiences that connect people with the content they love. We work where art meets science, exploring ideas by using the power of design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter, cultivating a culture of diverse perspectives and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but never settle.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a DesignOps Lead to supervise our UX Team Ops team. You will amplify the impact of design throughout Disney Streaming by enabling designers to focus on work and facilitating communication and visibility amongst design and its partners. You have experience building and leading design operations at scale, and will use your experience to architect UX Team Ops programs that enrich a vibrant culture in which teams can thrive. UX Team Ops focuses on the People and Process stripes of ''People, Process and Tools''.
As a Product Design Operations Program Manager you will:
• Set forth strategy and roadmap of transformation initiatives for UX Team Ops across the DS Product Design team
• Hire and mentor a team of UX Team Ops program managers to manage day-to-day operations
• Assess and improve flows of communication from working teams up to design leadership, and outward to cross-functional partners, the executive team, and the company including team health reporting and support
• Lead change management efforts around software and product development lifecycle, partnering closely with our Engineering organization to define process and how our tools suite interacts with those groups (partnering closely with our Design Systems org)
• Collaborate with HRBP and recruiting partners to refine recruiting pipelines/process and attract world-class design talent
• Work with design leadership and HR to expand job family frameworks and growth tracks to empower and scale design teams
• Build a strong design community through events, routines, and practices that amplify the voice of design
What You'll Bring
• 8+ years of demonstrated ability in design thinking, product design, technology enterprise project or program management, service design or design strategy
• Experience leading a design operations team and design or technological programs at scale
• Deep understanding and development of design processes and systems including digital software development, device technology and otherwise working with partner teams such as engineering, product, finance and marketing
• Understanding of change management practices for scaling teams
• Strategic acumen and the foresight to anticipate complex, cross functional problems
• Ability to manage cross functional initiatives with many stakeholders within design and outside, across business units
• Exceptional communication at every level of the business, influencing executives and inspiring team members
• Ability to advocate for designers and design as a practice
• Cultivation of relationships and capability of creating a sense of community for distributed teams
• Knowledge of streaming or digital media is a plus
• Experience in creation and roll-out of broad team building programs such as a mentoring program is a plus
About Disney Streaming
• Disney Streaming is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; Disney+ (which will include content from Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Fox); Hulu and other popular services. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access their favorite content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykqzk-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.