WarnerMedia seeks a Writer/Producer for HLN. The Writer/Producer is responsible for producing live and taped content for Weekend Express.
The Writer/Producer for HLN's Weekend Express will be responsible for conceptualizing, writing, and producing on-air scripts and pre-produced taped content. They will write and produce elements of segments including anchor intros, questions, teases, comments, and texts for graphics. This candidate must be able to effectively use video, graphics and fonts for all assigned stories. This role will provide editorial focus and direction for a segment; will write copy and interview questions to shape the show while maintaining the creative look and feel of the show and network brand.
The Writer/Producer will:
• Conceive and produce elements for packages into compelling pieces that stay true to the show's mission.
• Work with talent, anticipate their needs, and communicate clearly with the control room.
• Pitch compelling and creative story ideas on a regular basis.
• A Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years news producing experience
• Strong interest and broad knowledge of current events, including leading domestic, business, health and entertainment news.
• Strong interest and awareness of newsgathering via social media.
• Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce quality work quickly.
• Must have the ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently and with a team.
• Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and compelling ways to present content, new angles to approach stories, and the organizational skills to bring it all together.
• This position requires the employee to work a weekend overnight shift.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1q8y-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.