High Moon Studios - Technical Artist
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history – and one of the most exciting times to join us!
We are building a culture of collaboration and seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Technical Artist with a focus on characters and rigging to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking worlds and player experiences, then this may be the position you've been waiting for!
• Working with established proprietary rigging and animation system within digital creation tools.
• Collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of Coders, Artist and Technical Artist cultivating a positive team dynamic.
• Work quickly and effectively to support content creators.
• Skeleton creation, high quality realistic skin weighting, and animation rig creation.
• Maintain, contribute, and improve on existing proprietary python tools, code base and systems.
• 3+ years' experience in technical art or animation roles
• Professional or personal experience working with real time game engines.
• Proficiency in building skeletons, skinning and rigging in Maya.
• Good understanding of proprietary engine and related tools.
• Strong artistic skills and working knowledge of 3D art production.
• Solid understanding of Python tool and pipeline development.
• Communicates and collaborates effectively with the development team.
• Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
• Must be flexible and comfortable with prototyping and quick iteration.
• An adaptable and continuous learner.
• CS or Technical Art Degree.
• Knowledge of real-time physics and ragdolls, pre-baked simulation, or shader creation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7oq4-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.