New York, NY
Hearst Television has an exciting new opportunity for the right person. The Amplify team is responsible for the production of short-form and long-form digital videos, bringing the reporting from HTV's 26 local news stations to national audiences. The ideal candidate will ooze creativity, and have the tenacity and wherewithal to execute on their ideas. They will be expected to have the capability to develop, write, produce, and/or many more tasks from concept to delivery. Think of it as a producer, writer, editor, all wrapped into one role.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the future of digital video, is a tremendous storyteller and likes to create video content that stands out in a crowd. Strong preference given to candidates with experience in long-form digital video production.
This position will report to the Amplify team manager and may be based in New York City or Pittsburgh.
• Produce and edit digital video content
• Gather and maintain assets for projects
• Plug into the work of a nationally distributed team
• Optimize, edit and publish videos for digital platforms
• Collaborate with content producers and writers on the team
• Maintain and manage prescribed deadlines, while thriving in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment
• 2+ years of experience producing videos, able to show example links and/or reel
• Ability to tell a compelling story from a unique point of view
• A passion for storytelling and news, with a talent for giving stories a long shelf life
• Excellent news judgment and an instinct for identifying stories that will resonate
• Knowledge of influential digital video entities like Complex, Buzzfeed, and Great Big Story, as well as the digital efforts of legacy publishers a plus
• Experience editing on Adobe Premiere Pro
• Experience with animation and graphics (i.e. Adobe AfterEffects) a plus
• Exhibit a tenacious, upstart mentality
• Excellent written, verbal, and time management skills
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.