Assistant Program Director
Part-Time Talk Host
Meaningful live and local talk is alive and well at WBAL NewsRadio FM & AM in Baltimore, a Hearst station. We have stayed true to our mission for 95 years: a 24/7 local connection and commitment to breaking news and captivating talk. We are also the home of the Baltimore Ravens and Navy Football. Currently we have an opening for a part-time on-air host
Our presentation aims to be lively, fast, riveting and our hosts understand the pulse of Baltimore, Maryland and the country. We believe you can't spell 'Baltimore' without B-A-L. Your task is to create content that transcends all formats as a ''must listen''. Be prepared to provide audio samples if possible, but let's start with your philosophy for local talk in 2021 and your background and life experiences. Your first step is to apply on-line at: Hearst Television Careers. Please know your interest will be held in strict confidence. Check us out at Hearst.com… a dynamic privately held organization with unmatched cable, television, radio, magazine and newspaper platforms.
• Part-time talk-show host on WBAL Radio. Be able to deliver opinion driven content based on a foundation of news and fact.
• Will be asked to host on-air shows as needed.
• Have strong knowledge base of both national and local topics/content with a major emphasis on Baltimore, MD regional issues.
• Deliver content to consumers via social media platforms.
• Broadcast and/or experience preferred
• Flexibility in schedule
• College degree preferred but not necessary
• Military experience and training will be considered.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.