Associate Fashion Commerce Editor, Harper's Bazaar
New York, NY
This position will report to the Style Director and is responsible for driving the market and e-commerce coverage across Esquire.com using both editorial perspective and analytics to optimize output. Additional coverage will range from daily quick-hits to idea-driven features, celebrity style, brand profiles, trend pieces, and more stories that will help shape the conversation around what it means to be a stylish man today.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do
• Work closely with the SEO and e-commerce teams to drive Esquire.com's market coverage based on keyword optimization, affiliate relationships, and a deep understanding of what items and categories people want to learn about and ultimately buy.
• Dive into the data to understand how people are shopping from Esquire.com, and continually update and refine coverage to optimize for conversion while maintaining the highest standards for our readers.
• Write quick, smart, engaging stories with a strong voice and point of view throughout the day.
• Pitch and write longer-lead stories on the world of men's style and grooming-and how it's evolving. These could range from trend pieces to profiles to explorations of identity or gender, and how style and grooming choices inform personal expression.
• Contribute ideas and copy for Esquire's front of book and feature well, ranging from quick hits to more robust packages.
• Work with the art team to help bring stories to life across a range of different platforms.
Who You Are
• You have experience writing and producing content for digital media (print experience is helpful, but not required).
• You have deep market knowledge of men's style and grooming, and a keen eye for keeping on top of emerging trends.
• You have the ability to interpret data from multiple sources and apply those insights to Esquire's ever-evolving style e-commerce strategy.
• You have experience balancing many different factors-from SEO to e-commerce to traffic-to optimize online content.
• You are enthusiastic about all the fun, sometimes strange, and interesting aspects of personal style, and have a hunger to help readers understand them.
• You are eager to invest in the overall success of Esquire and have the desire to contribute across many different platforms.
• You are well versed in Google Analytics.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.