Social Media Research Coordinator
Hearst Television seeks an enthusiastic Social Video Content Editor who will be responsible for writing, producing and publishing videos across Very Local's different Instagram accounts and other social media channels. The position requires a strong sense of creativity and a high level of responsibility and organization.
With broadcast stations in 26 US markets, Hearst Television reaches a fifth of US households; this role will support a team responsible for marketing to that footprint and beyond.
The Social Video Content Editor reports to the Manager, Web & Social Media for Very Local.
This position will create video content around Very Local shows as well as local stories for an Instagram audience. The Web & Social Media Team is constantly experimenting with new ways to share and engage audiences with our content. We value creativity, testing and analytics to refine our approach.
We are looking for a Social Video Content Editor who can help us create and test content to promote our streaming video offerings and engage audiences on Instagram. This position is primarily focused on Instagram but will create content for Facebook and YouTube as well.
The right candidate will have a passion for great storytelling and a love of creating video content for social media. We are looking for someone who embraces data and reviews engagement metrics daily. Flexibility and the ability to pivot quickly are essential for this role. We work closely with marketing, video production and product development; the ability to work with teams with uniquely different objectives and project management skills is a must.
We are a team of people passionate about telling local stories. We are looking for team members who are interested in local stories and are excited about creating content that connects people to places.
What you will do:
• Work with the Programming, Website and Marketing teams to develop social media videos for each series and episode on the streaming channel.
• Create social videos for each streaming episode that incorporates content from the marketing and web teams. Develop additional video content that supports and complements our editorial calendar.
• Write Instagram copy for social video posts.
• Optimize social posts using best practices for copy, captions and hashtags.
• Work with the marketing team on website content development and landing pages related to upcoming promotional projects needed for programming slate and marketing priorities.
• Track, manage and archive of all final assets.
• A minimum of 3+ years of producing digital content for websites and social media.
• Experience in optimizing social media content for engagement, hashtags, captions, etc.
• Experience in creating video content for Instagram reels and Tiktok.
• Creating social media content for a television network is helpful but not required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5w947-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.