Hearst's Enthusiast Group-with great brands Popular Mechanics, Runner's World, Best Products, and Bicycling-seeks an energetic, driven, and detail-obsessed SEO Health & Fitness Editor to find, create, oversee, and distribute daily fitness and training stories and projects across our sites, magazines, social feeds, and all other channels. Working within our Service & News Team, the SEO Health & Fitness Editor will contribute to the overall content flow-crushing the necessary daily tasks while eagerly conceptualizing bigger pieces-for digital and print magazines across our various brands.
The ideal candidate is a smart content packager and skilled fitness writer who is open to new ideas and collaboration from various team members. You'll stand out by displaying a willingness to create and target content to surpass performance metrics-stories with a discrete goal such as user actions, affiliate revenue, audience development, and engagement-each day. A background in search-based content and the core interests for each of our brands is highly recommended: health and fitness, cycling culture, running culture.
Please note: this role is based in our Easton, PA offices. For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do:
• Under direction of the Health & Fitness Director, originate, edit, and publish weekly and monthly content that meets performance metrics.
• Produce stories on a flexible deadline while simultaneously creating longer feature-style stories/projects for our site, magazine, social feeds, and other channels.
• Execute on SEO-driven priorities, including making both minor and significant updates to existing articles.
• Craft attention-grabbing headlines to reach our current audience while also thinking of how to reach new users.
• Help ideate and maintain an overall digital content calendar for short-lead stories and long-term content packages and projects.
Who You Are:
• You have at least 3-5 years experience working for a digital media or service-oriented brand, ideally in the health/wellness/fitness space.
• You have the ability to pitch and assign fitness-specific stories while also occasionally reporting original pieces to meet overall content goals.
• You have experience with SEO-based content and finding service angles from news or timely events.
• You have a keen sense of what's new and trending in the health/fitness space and an ability to find a brand-specific angle on timely topics. Bonus: you have a passion for running and/or cycling culture.
• You have demonstrated experience publishing digital content within a CMS and working with analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Google Trends.
• You are agile and willing to adapt to fast-changing priorities.
• You thrive under multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
• You are open to collaboration between teams, have a positive, go-getter attitude, and the ability to embrace teamwork.
• A Bachelor's degree is required. Fitness or training certifications are preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1owpx-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.