SEO Manager, Editorial Insights
New York, NY
Media Platforms is looking for a Senior Product Manager, Marketplace to help us build a scalable marketplace platform to serve multiple business models including listings, auctions, and shops for both vertical and horizontal goods and services. The individual in this role will have the opportunity to play a critical part in the digital transformation of Hearst's global media businesses.
You will work with world-renowned brands as you develop a platform that enables direct and indirect monetization for content and theme aligned marketplaces such as auctions for curated items, shops for brand aligned fashion and consumer goods products, listings for high end goods and services - all within a scalable, extensible data, commerce and front end ecosystem that you will help envision and design. Ideal candidates possess big-picture vision and the drive and attention to detail to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers and evangelizing their needs. You balance strategic thinking with outstanding execution – holding yourself and your team accountable to delivering successful outcomes. You enjoy solving complex business problems at the core of the digital transformation of a world-leading media company. You have deep understanding of Marketplaces and the value they offer to consumers and brands. You will innovate on new business models, new technologies and new opportunities.
You will work closely across stakeholders including internal and external customers in Editorial, Commerce, Consumer Revenue, Marketing and Business Operations. You will partner with business owners to envision revenue opportunities and business plans and turn those plans into reality through a scalable marketplace platform. You will leverage the scale and resources of a successful, well-known business combined with the nimbleness and forward-looking feel of a startup.
*This position can be based in New York, California or Pennsylvania
What You'll Do:
• Develop strategies and execute plans to drive the platform forward
• Build, lead, grow and motivate a team of high-output Product Managers
• Analyze, determine and prioritize target customer, end-user, and internal stakeholder needs
• Define and communicate a product roadmap aligned with company objectives, and supported by business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis
• Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to build momentum and alignment, and shepherd product concepts through execution, validation and adoption
• Ensure appropriate customer research, usability testing and rapid prototyping
• Generate new revenue sources while maintaining a valuable, engaging and enjoyable end-user experience
• Document, validate and prioritize product specifications within an Agile/SCRUM development environment
• Coordinate go-to-market launch and post-launch activities; gather customer feedback to validate that the product meets stated metrics, and prioritize and deliver necessary enhancements
Who You Are:
• You have 8+ years in Internet/Web/Mobile product management, with at least 5 years expertise managing consumer products, marketplaces, ecommerce and/or affiliate programs
• You have 3+ years building and managing teams of at least five or more independent-contributor Product Managers, across all levels of seniority
• You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent; an MBA or advanced degree would be preferred
• You have experience with non-advertising business models such as subscription, in-context product recommendations, affiliate programs, e-commerce, marketplaces, auctions, premium content, or similar
• You have a proven track record of owning the full agile product lifecycle
• You have extensive cross-functional and senior stakeholder exposure and management
• You take responsibility from inception to outcomes
• You are customer focused and deeply understand the market and unmet needs;
• You are highly collaborative and build trust and strong relationships at all levels,
• You are an excellent communicator who articulates the product strategy and roadmap, structure the problem at hand
• You are a strategic thinker who understands business objectives and converts them into clear product plans, following through with execution
• You are analytic and results orientated
• You are driven, take initiative and motivate others
• You understand technology and keep current with the latest trends;
• You are comfortable with ambiguity and challenge and thrive in a fast-paced environment, concurrently managing multiple initiatives and remaining optimistic
About Media Platforms
At Media Platforms, our technology, tools, services and solutions touch hundreds of millions of lives by driving experiences, and growing businesses. Our team of engineers, product managers, data scientists and designers build a suite of products to lead the way in shaping and managing the future of publishing. Click here to learn more about our teams, and the brands that we serve
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro1226-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.