Senior Features Writer / Editor, HGTV
New York, NY
ELLE DECOR is hiring a Senior Design Writer to work across the magazine's print and digital platforms. This role reports to the magazine's Executive Editor.
The ideal candidate has solid contacts in the design world and 3-5 years of experience writing about interiors, furniture, decor, and/or architecture; has, from short digital stories to feature-length print profiles, written widely about the contemporary design scene and the people in it; and is excited to join a collaborative, energetic team with a new leader. The ideal candidate also has an interest in writing about interior design-adjacent fields, including fashion, jewelry, and travel.
What You'll Do:
• • • Contribute regular writing to the print magazine's front-of-book (FOB) and feature pages, as well as regularly to ElleDecor.com (about 1-2x/week)
• Scout, report, and write stories about the contemporary design scene, including pieces about emerging talent in interiors, furniture, and decor
• Report and write home/interiors features for the print magazine in each issue
• Contribute writing for special editorial packages in print and at ElleDecor.com
• Edit for FOB and feature-length stories as needed
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with designers, makers, and architects and help scout new talent for potential editorial features
• Attend industry events to scout design stories, network, and represent the magazine
What You'll Bring:
• • • 3-5 years of experience writing features about design, architecture, interiors and related fields for top-tier print and digital outlets
• A knowledge of and passion for design
• Strong communication skills and an ability to work on tight deadlines
• A collaborative energy to a team of editors working across both print and digital
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2nkw2-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.