The Hearst Food Group is looking for an highly organized and dynamic recipe editor to pitch, write, and produce food/recipe content across both print and digital platforms. This is an opportunity to work and learn in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment with the team that creates the food content for Good Housekeeping, Woman's Day, Women's Health, Prevention, and Country Living, as well as other Hearst titles. The ideal candidate is a skilled writer and recipe editor who is open to new ideas, quick to think on their feet, and clued in to how our various audiences absorb content. They must be a team player who is comfortable collaborating and supporting others in a high-energy, deadline-driven environment, and an organized self-starter who can juggle a variety of tasks while remaining organized and productive. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be received in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Edit recipes and headnotes for accuracy, clarity, quality and style for print and digital platforms
• Update and optimize previously published recipes for SEO, clarity, and quality
• Participate in brainstorming meetings, and generate ideas for recipes and related instructional content for print and digital audiences
• Help organize and track recipes through various indexes, then optimize related content in our CMS
• Research, write, and produce tips and articles for both print and digital platforms
• Maintain food style guide for print, special projects (books, bookazines, and booklets), and digital brands
• Cross-test recipes as needed and work with recipe developers and testers to produce and publish the best recipes possible
• Collaborate in training recipe developers and testers in current style and practices
Who you are:
• 5 to 6 years of post-grad experience as a recipe editor for digital sites and print publications
• Experience working in a test kitchen for a media outlet or a food-subscription service is a bonus
• Attention to detail and keen editorial judgement
• Copy-editing experience is a strong plus
• A passion for food, cooking, and industry trends
• Skilled in CMS and the ability to quickly learn the ins and outs of other platforms
• A commitment to the team and working in a collaborative environment
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpp9ye-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.