Programming & Public Affairs Coordinator
TV/Radio Programming & Public Affairs Coordinator
WBAL-TV, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in Baltimore, MD is seeking qualified applicants for a part-time TV/Radio Programming and Public Affairs Coordinator. This position is responsible for assisting with the station's public affairs efforts in collaboration with sister radio stations, WBAL-AM/FM and 98 Rock. Responsibilities include maintaining the station's public affairs and community outreach calendar, assisting in management of TV and Radio talent appearances, and coordinating the production of local programming. This position reports to the Director of Programming and Public Affairs.
• Assist with TV and Radio public affairs event planning and execution
• Serve as production assistant for local TV and Radio programs (e.g. 11 TV Hill, Justin, Scott & Spiegel Shouldn't Be On TV, Season to Celebrate, Project CommUNITY and Commitment 2020 specials, etc.)
• Assist in the strategic coordination of TV and Radio talent appearances to maximize exposure in key areas and improve market proclivity
• Assist with coordination of TV and Radio programming and public affairs efforts with key partners (i.e. Baltimore Ravens, Komen Maryland, Maryland Food Bank, Maryland Lottery, Safeway Foundation, Special Olympics Maryland)
• Work closely with all TV and Radio departments, as needed, to achieve public affairs objectives
• Coordinate promotion of local programming and public affairs events with TV and Radio Digital Media Teams
• Assist with social media strategies for all TV and Radio public affairs events
• Revise annual WBAL-TV/WBAL News Radio/98 Rock Public Affairs Events Guide
• Provide production and administrative support to Creative Services and Sales Teams in connection with TV and Radio public affairs initiatives
• Provide administrative support TV/Radio College Internship Programs
• Nurture exceptional relationships with TV and Radio external partners/customers
• Maintain catalog of key TV and Radio external contacts and resources
• Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
• Experience in event planning and customer service
• Must possess outstanding organizational and planning skills
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Must possess valid driver's license
• Strong understanding of social media platforms
• Weekend work will be required
College degree preferred, preferably in broadcast journalism, communications or related specialty.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2q355-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.