Men's Health is looking for a smart, seasoned executive editor to oversee all things digital for the world's largest men's magazine brand. This person will be responsible for managing the day-to-day editorial operations of MensHealth.com as well as executing our long-term strategy for audience growth and journalistic ambition. This role will play a leading role in shaping our efforts in social media, affiliate commerce, video, and membership, and work closely with our digital analytics teams to guide our editorial coverage across all platforms. This is a full-time position based in the Men's Health offices in New York City, reporting to the editor in chief.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Manage a team of editors, along with a number of freelance writers, and coordinate article assignments around topics as varied as health, fitness, pop culture, sports, sex and relationships, style and grooming, and technology
• Collaborate with editorial leads across our print, video, social, and affiliate commerce teams to maximize the impact of cross-platform content
• Oversee the budget and production logistics for digital content
• Support efforts to diversify the voices and experiences on MensHealth.com
• Partner closely with the audience development team to understand analytics, communicate goals to the Men's Health team, and strategize to sustain growth across key metrics
• Work with the sales teams on native content and advertising opportunities
• Work with other Hearst Magazines sites (including Esquire, Popular Mechanics, Road + Track, and Car and Driver) on content sharing and best practices
Who you are:
• At least 9 years as an editor at a consumer lifestyle brand, with substantial digital experience
• Editorial background in fitness, health, sports, and/or men's interest
• Strong skills as an editor, tightening and crafting copy
• Experience managing a team, maintaining a budget, and planning a content strategy
• Good judgment as to what works to drive audience and engagement in digital media
• Must be a collaborator
• Excellent at producing content with digital-friendly language
• Versed in using Google Analytics, SEM Rush, other data tools
• Open to experimenting with content types and persistent reinvention to create compelling content for a digital audience
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8vn2-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.