KETV, Omaha's News Leader, is looking for a well-rounded Digital Desk Editor to join our Hearst team at historic 7 Burlington Station.
We're looking for a candidate skilled at creating copy and video elements for websites, mobile products, and social media platforms. The successful candidate will be an excellent journalist and storyteller with a knack for recognizing social media trends who can deliver ideas on how to produce and leverage videos for maximum engagement.
• Write/edit and publish breaking news, daily news, sports, weather, and feature stories for the station's website, mobile and social media pages.
• Write compelling headlines
• Develop and edit text-overlay and other kinds of video reports.
• Develop strategies for social media platforms such as Facebook, and Instagram.
• Work with Reporters and Assignment Editors to ensure content is posted quickly and accurately
• Work with Producers, Assignment Editors and Managers to ensure cross promotion of content across all platforms
• Manage live streams of newscasts and breaking news
• Consistently contribute ideas to help grow the stations digital platforms
• Previous digital editing experience required
• Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
• Strong news and editorial judgment
• Excellent AP style writing skills
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing
• Strong understanding of social media best practices
• Flexibility to work different shifts, holidays, etc. on short notice to cover a 24-hour news cycle
• Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements .
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r094q1-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.