Membership Editor, Enthusiast Group
The Hearst Commerce Team is looking for a Deputy Editor to manage commerce content creation. The Deputy Editor must be a skilled, approachable leader - experience managing a team is a must - and a savvy editor with a strong knowledge of commerce. A knack for spotting trends responding to a season, a trend, a project, or a goal is also ideal.
This person needs to be confident writing and editing across several verticals - for content that will be published across 20 different brands - including tech, tools, parenting, beauty, gifts, appliances, fitness, home, and more. The ideal candidate should be as excited providing feedback on the best video games as they are editing smart refrigerators or retinol creams. We're looking for someone who can work closely with a writer to add clarity and serviceability and to help a user make a purchase decision. Our readers enter our content at a variety of points in their shopping journey. Your job is to ensure we've met their needs no matter what stage of the funnel they're in.
This role reports directly to the Executive Director of Search and Content, sits with the Performance Marketing Team in Easton, Pennsylvania, and works closely with a variety of departments, including Editorial, Performance Marketing, and Executive Stakeholders.
Please note: for consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of clips.
What You'll Do:
• Manage a team of content writers and updates editors.
• Establish and enhance relationships with content creation leaders to make content profitable while maintaining brand authenticity and values.
• Provide solutions to features, systems, processes, and partnerships as bugs or issues arise.
• Top edit content and coach writers to improve actions, voice, authenticity, and trustworthiness.
• Lead writers to create highly actionable connections with users through their words.
• Oversee day-to-day execution of the commerce content strategy, from pitches and assignments, to being a liaison between SEOs and performance marketers, to editing to publishing.
• Support search and commerce goals with a flexible mindset and the ability to change course quickly.
• Enhance the user experience of commerce content through creative layout, clever copy, and choosing retailers appropriately.
• Work directly with the brands on new ideas and commerce optimization.
• Monitor trends and the economy to incorporate shifts into writers' weekly priorities as needed.
• Support the directors on the Commerce and Edit Teams in network wide communication, weekly and monthly meetings, and reporting.
Who You Are:
• You have a minimum of 7 years of experience working in a fast-paced digital environment, with a focus on top-editing and perfecting content.
• You have experience managing a team.
• You have previous top editing, copy editing, and content editing experience.
• You have excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills.
• You possess a flexible mindset and have the proven ability to manage hectic daily deadlines.
• You understand SEO and commerce content best practices and have content management system experience.
• You are well-versed in using Google Analytics, affiliate revenue dashboards, and data management platforms.
• You have a collaborative spirit and are energetic and approachable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6n350-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.