Director Of On-Site Video Production & Strategy
New York, NY
Elle magazine is searching for a deputy editor to top-edit and assign content on its website and social platforms. This role reports to the digital director and will be focused on helping to oversee the day-to-day content on the site, as well as shaping the fashion vertical and managing members of the editorial team. The deputy editor will leverage relationships with fashion brands, designers, and stylists to maintain Elle's authority as a fashion news source, and elevate its digital fashion content. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Top-edit and write fashion content for Elle.com, as well as beauty, news, and celebrity content as needed.
• Help develop and execute a strategy to bring Elle's luxury fashion point-of-view to life on digital, while meeting traffic and ecommerce goals.
• Mentor, manage, and grow a talented team of digital editors.
• Work with ad sales, audience development, and e-commerce teams to execute on shared goals.
Who you are:
• A fashion features editor or writer with 7 or more years of relevant postgrad editorial experience
• An experienced manager who has overseen at least 2 direct reports
• A fashion industry insider with good relationships with brands and designers
• A fluent digital editor, with strong analytics and e-commerce skills
• Curious, willing to roll up your sleeves and to keep pace with the constantly evolving digital landscape
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kkx7-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.