Senior Writer, Branded Content
New York, NY
Hearst Magazines is seeking a Copywriter to join the creative team working on consumer marketing across all Hearst brands. This position will work closely with teams across the Consumer Group to write and edit copy across various marketing channels, including ads, sweepstakes, emails, site displays, and marketing/brand collateral. In this position, you will work in a fast-paced environment and in close partnership with the creative and consumer marketing teams to create best in class copy for Hearst brands. This will require flexibility and creativity in aptly understanding the voice, tone, and needs of each brand.
What You'll Do
• Write and edit copy for all mediums, including social, events, content, out-of-home, print, etc.
• Champion our 25+ brands' voices and tone across all consumer touchpoints.
• Partner with content marketing, social media, events, performance marketing, and creator partnerships to bring our brand voice to life in a non-Frankenstein way.
• Lead the copy conversation with internal partners; edit other people's work, be a stickler for details.
• Demonstrate creative thought leadership, keeping ahead of trends and providing proactive inspiration and recommendations.
Who You Are
• You have 3+ years of experience as an advertising/marketing copywriter at agencies, studios or in-house.
• You have a portfolio that shows strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables.
• You demonstrate impeccable writing craft.
• You have a deep understanding of social platforms and digital storytelling.
• You have exceptional attention to detail.
• You demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot quickly.
• You have the ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress.
• You have a sense of humor and a great, collaborative attitude.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.