Food Producer, Food Group
New York, NY
Oprah Daily is looking for a beauty editor who will focus on SEO content and help drive traffic to the site's beauty vertical. You will develop and execute the brand's commerce and SEO strategy, working closely with Oprah Daily editors and writers to assign, write, and publish high-quality, high-impact commerce and SEO content that aligns with the brand and meets the highest editorial standard. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Own and execute the day-to-day SEO strategy for Oprah Daily's beauty vertical
• Write and build commerce and SEO stories for the brand
• Stay on top of beauty trends, in support of executing smart SEO and commerce content
• Be a passionate student of the Oprah brand, with an ability to execute top-quality content in the brand voice and to the standards of the brand
• Use Google Analytics, SEM Rush, and other SEO tools to ID trends, track performance, share wins, perform case studies, and find ways to iterate on successes: Superb analytical skills are a must!
Who you are:
• You have 4 years of professional, post-grad beauty experience with a consumer editorial brand, and a minimum of 1 year of experience writing SEO content
• You have a passion for the Oprah brand-and for our editorial mission to support our audience's goals to live with purpose
• You have a deep love of data and know how to look for insights in numbers; experience with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics required
• You are detail-oriented, self-motivated, and energetic, and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced publishing environment
• You are a team player with a problem-solving mindset who is excited to join a start-up team
• You have a keen interest in the evolution of the search landscape and best practices, know how to implement the latest ethical techniques, and understand how to connect those to high-quality content in our brand voice
• You are a lover of good storytelling and can write quickly and cleanly in the Oprah Daily voice and to the brand's standards
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g349b5-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.