The Enthusiast Group is looking for a beauty editor to join our commerce team and expand our buying guides on our popular BestProducts.com. Your categories will range from skin and hair care, to makeup and wellness-all of which you should be passionate about. You'll be responsible for updating product choices in gift guides, writing informative yet relatable explainers, and uncovering must-have beauty items.
The ideal candidate will be skilled at sourcing, testing, and recommending products in a highly informative yet compelling manner while incorporating SEO and commerce best practices. K nowledge of the affiliate- revenue business coupled with beauty trends is a must. We use data to make decisions, so you should have an interest in analyzing your own content in order to keep it fresh, informative, and serviceable.
This position will report to the Deputy Editor, and will have the occasional opportunity to write for the other Enthusiast Group brands: Runner's World, Bicycling, and Popular Mechanics.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of clips.
What you'll do:
• Create buying guides that are digestible, shoppable, and highly authoritative; you'll evaluate the product landscape, consult experts, interview key medical professionals, analyze reports and reviews, and ultimately provide our audiences with purchasing advice
• Update existing content, ensuring the latest product launches, consumer trends, and internal brand goals are reflected
• Recommend and contribute audience-appropriate beauty products to uniquely targeted gift guides, sales initiatives, and performance marketing generated content
• Analyze top-performing content using data tools to understand what products our readers are engaging with and make updates accordingly
• Work closely with our SEO and Commerce teams to ensure best practices are being met
• Source contributors to create authoritative beauty content when necessary
• Pitch timely and relevant ideas for buying guides or product reviews in order to keep our brand competitive in the beauty industry
• Develop relationships with PR reps
Who you are:
• You have 2 to 3 years of professional writing experience covering the beauty vertical in the editorial commerce space
• You can work independently, are extremely detail-oriented, and thrive in a deadline-oriented environment
• You have successful and current relationships with key PR people in the beauty space
• You have a strong interest in following beauty trends and new launches
• You have a flexible mindset; we pivot and reprioritize quickly
• You have experience using Google Analytics or other analytics platforms
• You have proficiency with Photoshop or other image-editing software
• You have experience working in a CMS
• You have excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• You are collaborative and foster positive relationships with colleagues
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d28vv6-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.