Cosmopolitan is looking for an online-shopping-obsessed associate shopping editor with great taste and an eye for good buys. In this position you will work closely with Hearst's SEO and commerce teams to write, edit, and produce compelling ecommerce-driven stories for Cosmopolitan across lifestyle, beauty, sex and relationships, and fashion verticals, helping our readers find the perfect thing, whatever it is they're looking for. Your purview will include sales/deals stories, SEO-optimized shopping stories, and big tent-pole events, such as Black Friday or Prime Day. In addition to being a creative and ambitious self-starter with a fun and witty writing voice, you should also be comfortable using data analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Google Trends to monitor and report monthly traffic and ecommerce goals, and identify new growth opportunities for the site.
This role will report into the senior content strategist. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Write and produce fun and compelling shopping roundups, buying guides, sales stories, and other ecommerce content across verticals
• Strategize with the SEO and ecommerce teams to pitch, create, and optimize ecommerce content
• Work closely with Cosmo's section leads and shopping editors to execute ecommerce-driven stories across verticals
• Keep top-earning commerce stories up to date
• Keep an eye on our affiliate revenue goals and help us achieve them
Who you are:
• You have 2 to 3 years of post-graduate experience writing ecommerce editorial content
• You have a keen eye for spotting trends and an understanding of what kinds of products resonate with the Cosmo audience
• You are organized, digital-savvy, and comfortable with data-driven content creation
• You are a sharp, funny, clean writer, and a creative editor
• You are passionate about online shopping
• You have experience juggling several goals at once, from SEO to ecommerce to traffic
• You have a good understanding of digital media
• You have an interest in or experience working with data analytics tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvk3km-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.