Editor, Product Testing Underscored
New York, NY
The Hearst Digital Media Enthusiast Group is looking for a creative, talented, and knowledgeable Associate Parenting Editor for BestProducts.com. This editor will cover all things maternity, kids, parenting, and baby. Assignments may range from updating product picks for kids' laptops or testing best stretch-mark creams, to writing about the best sleep sacks for babies and creating gift guides by age. We want someone with strong opinions. There are a lot of products to weed through in the parenting e-commerce space, and we need someone who can help our audience make smart decisions.
The ideal candidate will be immersed in the parenting world, know what products parents (and kids) will find valuable at different life stages, and have a passion for testing products from classic and new brands. Relationships with PR and various experts are a huge plus. This person must have the ability to write informative yet entertaining copy that incorporates SEO and commerce best practices.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do:
• You will write and produce serviceable content roundups and/or product reviews, featuring researched and tested products in the parenting space.
• You will update existing content, ensuring product launches, trends, and best-sellers are reflected.
• You will work closely with the site director, SEO team, and commerce team to prioritize a mixture of content updates and new assignments.
• You will develop deep relationships with PR and sales.
• You will analyze and own his or her top performing content and best-selling products using data.
• You will pitch clever ideas that put BestProducts.com front and center.
Who You Are:
• You have a bachelor's degree
• You have at least 2 years of experience covering the parenting space
• You have previous experience writing e-commerce content
• You are familiar with SEO best practices
• You have the ability to work independently, are extremely detail-oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• You have successful and current relationships with parenting PR and other various experts
• You have daily experience working within a CMS
• You have familiarity with the basics of Photoshop (image cropping and resizing)
• You have experience with Google Analytics and other data management platforms
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• You are kind, and work well with others
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.